Oakland Home Inspections produces easy to read, nationally recognized reports that exceed the “Standards of Practice”. Our typical home inspection includes these components and systems:
- Exterior/Site: Grading, driveways, sidewalks, front porch, patio, gates, fences/walls, decks and stairs.
- Structure: Exterior walls, trim, foundation, basement, crawl space, exterior doors and chimneys.
- Roof: Roof covering, flashings, attic and insulation.
- Electrical: Entrance wires, main electrical panels and branch wiring and G.F.C.I’s.
- Plumbing: Piping, valves, water heater and sprinkler/irrigation system.
- Heating/Cooling/Air Distribution System: Heating system, cooling system, air handler and evaporative cooler.
- Interior: Walls, floors, ceiling, doors, windows and screens.
- Bathrooms: Counter tops, cabinets, sinks and built-in appliances.
- Kitchen: Counter tops, cabinets, sinks and built-in appliances.
- Miscellaneous: Vehicle parking area, overhead garage door, garage-to-house door, laundry room, interior stairs and fireplaces.
- Indoor Environment: Inspection services for Radon, Mold, And Lead Paint.
- Outdoor Environment: Well & Septic Inspections, Electromagnetic fields.
Items shown in italics are optional services, provided at an additional fee.
Our inspection reports are informative and easy-to-use. Each section is categorized along with a detailed summary that makes it convenient and easy to reference repairs quickly. All reports are posted on our website, produced at time of inspection, or faxed to you within 24 hours of the inspection. Our detailed, computerized inspection reports include:
- A Summary Section listing major defects and marginal items as well as helpful recommendations for repair or replacement
- A Helpful Home Maintenance Guide
- Useful Tip Guide for Maintaining Your Home
- Free digital copies of photographs taken during the inspection upon Request.
Michael B. Saari
Oakland Home Inspections